1663 Liberty Dr, Bloomington, IN 47403, USA

Sad I contacted iUniverse to inquire about how to publish my first book of poetry. At first, the interaction was very fulfilling, seemed reasonably priced, and I received excellent customer service.

I was gradually contacted by different people one of whom was Red H. who informed me that he was my dedicated Senior Marketing Consultant. Red proceeded to hard sell me "marketing opportunities" that were "critical" to my books success and my success as a new author. Prior to transferring me to the financial department to make arrangements for my payments, he consistently advised me that even though the financial people were going to read what seemed to be strict rules about the costs and payment requirements, I should just agree to the terms because he could make special arrangements on my behalf so "my finances would never be compromised." Even after I told him that I was not willing to spend one more penny, he'd come back with a better deal to appease me.

After $40,000.00 has been drained from my account, I am faced with my only option of pulling my book and not having it published at all in an attempt to recoup whatever funds I can. I am certain that I am the victim of a deceptive and predatory marketing scheme that I fell for as a brand new author. As I continue to attempt to save myself from financial ruin now, I'm doing my very best to remain hopeful that I can somehow arrange a way for me to extricate myself from this awful experience. Red H.

specifically stated at the beginning of each call that the call was recorded so I'm hopeful that I can secure the recordings and the backroom deals Red H. communicated to me in order to persuade me to agree to the astronomical costs of each "campaign".

Product or Service Mentioned: Iuniverse Publishing Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Iuniverse Cons: Misleading and fraudulent practice, Force contract.

• misleading
  • Fraud Advice

Comments

iUniverse

Hello - we're sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with us. Have you tried contacting our Customer Service department, to have your issues rectified?

Please also feel free to send us an email at ComplaintsResponses@iUniverse.com along with your name and Project ID. Thanks.

The Claimed Losses from iUniverse are over $40,000.00 not $40.00.