I published a book in 2011.I received $43 in royalties.

I reported this to the IRS.

Apparently, iUniverse does not keep records, because they subsequently sent me a threatening letter to send all information about what I had reported to IRS. This year I have received a 1099 from iUniverse claiming they sent me $114 and paid $18 in taxes. I have received no monies from iUniverse in 2012. When I called iUniverse's accounting dept.

[any oxymoron], they have no information about what they have sent me at any time. I asked them to secure a copy of any checks they have sent me with my endorsement.

They can not do this.

This is a fraudulent company, and I have to trust that the IRS will believe that I have not received income from this bogus publishing/marketing company.

Review about: Iuniverse Publishing Service.

Had an Experience with Iuniverse?

Comments

Yeah it is in no way a "publishing" company. It is just a scam.

Money Map Press - What a fool I am!! Do not believe what they say!!! Money Map Press "Lost 20K in a few month...Have tried to contact the advisor thru email and website based question answer. ZERO response. I call and no one can help. This is the..." Read more Xlibris review Xlibris "Did Xlibris publish my book? Yes. Am I satisfied with the book? Yes. However I am not satisfied with Xlibris as a publisher. Not only were they pushy about wanting..." Read more Iuniverse - These people are the worst ever Iuniverse "First off let start by saying I wish I had read the reviews before i wasted my money with this company. Although ya might say to yourself you can't please..." Read more All You Can Books - $140 wasted. All You Can Books "Several months ago I signed up for a free trial. The only reason i signed up was because I wanted to know what selection they had. I quickly realized that..." Read more Lone Star Auctioneers - Not happy  as bod rigging is a felony! Lone Star Auctioneers "If Bid rigging is a felony then this to should be ! auction closed and said complete but then stated another buyer won for a $single dollar less than my..." Read more Toyota Financial - They have messed up my credit by over 100 points that will cost me $1000's over my lifetime Toyota Financial "A 30 year military veteran and 12 year Toyota owner, I planned to purchase another when my current Toyota needed replacement. I can tell you that will not happen! I..." Read more Whirlpool - Really upset can't believe product last only 2 years Whirlpool "2 days ago my cabrio washer machine stop working. Was washing some clothes the machine start making this weird loud noise and had some weird smell i notice today the..." Read more Usave Car And Truck Rental - Extra charges after devastation in Puerto Rico... Usave Car And Truck Rental "Hi. My name is Wanda Bonilla and I live in Florida since 2014, but all my family is in PR. Due to the devastating havoc caused to the island by..." Read more